Wednesday, April 18, 2012

My Review of The Scent of Cherry Blossoms

Written by: Cindy Woodsmall
Published by: WaterBrook Press

I don’t usually read Amish fiction, but I was offered this book to review, and it sounded interesting enough… so I read it.

The Scent of Cherry Blossoms is the story of a Mennonite and an Amish who fall into lover, despite the fact that them being together could ruin their families.

I didn’t know before reading this book that Mennonites and Amish feel so strongly about each other - as in they don’t allow dating between the two, etc.. I didn’t realize that the two “religions” were so different from each other. I didn’t know that for some things the Mennonites are actually “stricter” than the Amish.

Who the book is for:

Those who enjoy Amish fiction. Those who enjoy a good romance.

What I liked:

The story was interesting, a unique look at a world quite different from my own.

The book was interesting.

I liked the length of this book, enjoying the fact that it was shorter than some.

I learned through this book.

What I didn’t like:

This was a pretty good book overall.

My conclusion:

This is a pretty good read.

I give The Scent of Cherry Blossoms 4 out of 5 stars.

I received this book free to review from Blogging for Books. The opinions expressed in this review are my true thoughts and feeling regarding this book. I am disclosing this information in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255.


No comments:

Post a Comment