Monday, May 28, 2012

My Review of Chasing the Sun


Written by: Tracie Peterson
Published by: Bethany House

I am a bigger fan of contemporary fiction than I am of historical fiction, but I was excited to read Chasing the Sun since Tracie Peterson is one of my favorite historical fiction authors. Yet, I hadn’t read her books in years, before picking up this one.

Chasing the Sun is the story of Hannah Dandridge, a woman who is raising her two half siblings, alone, during the civil war.

Who the book is for:

Those who enjoy good fiction, whether you be more of a historical fiction fan or not.

What I liked:

I thought it was interesting to read a book set in Civil War times, I hadn’t read many like that before.

I liked how the book seems to imply that both the south and the north had bad in them, and they both had some good men fighting for them, as well.

The story was interesting, and had many twists and turns that kept me interested.

What I didn’t like:

Not really anything I didn’t like in this book!

My conclusion:

This is a good, historical fiction, book, and I recommend it.

I give Chasing the Sun 5 out of 5 stars.

I received this book free to review from Bethany House. The opinions expressed in this review are my true thoughts and feeling regarding this book. I am disclosing this information in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255.

No comments:

Post a Comment