Thursday, May 10, 2012

My Review of God I Need to Talk to You About...


Written by: Dan Carr, Susan K. Leigh
Published by: Concordia Publishing House

This is the most different little set of books that I have ever read.

I received three little books in the mail to review:
God I Need to Talk to You about My Bad Temper
God I Need to Talk to You about Video Games
God I Need to Talk to You about Homework

The story:

Each book is a simple prayer from a child to God about their problem, and the solution that they’ve found.

The illustrations:

Are simple sketches, kind of cute, kind of messy

How strong is the book?

These are small paperback books, not super sturdy, but strong enough to last.

Who the book is for:

I have no idea what age range these are supposed to be for, and having a hard time making one up.

What I liked:

These books deal with some of the issues kids face, such as struggling with homework, tempers, and too much video games.

What I didn’t like:

These books don’t really say a whole lot, they are simply a child’s prayer to God about a subject.

My conclusion:

These books are nothing special, and I don’t really recommend them.

I give the God, I Need to Talk to You books 2 out of 5 stars.



I received this book free to review from Concordia Publishing House. The opinions expressed in this review are my true thoughts and feeling regarding this book. I am disclosing this information in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Emily! Just droppin by to let you know that you won a free pair of glasses from 39DollarGlasses.com!

    I will fill you in via email later today!

    Janet

    www.homeward4.blogspot.com
    www.janetpowers1.etsy.com

    ReplyDelete