Thursday, May 10, 2012

My Review of I Couldn't Love You More


Written by: Jason Ingram and Matt Hammitt
Illustrated by: Polona Lovsin
Published by: Tyndale House Publishers

I Couldn’t Love You More is written by the lead singer of a Christian band called Sanctus Real, and I was interested to see how good it would be.

This book is based on the lyrics of a song, and you can tell. It reads basically the same as plain old song lyrics would read.

The story:

This book shares the love a parent has for their child, and how God loves that child even more than they do.

The illustrations:

Are cute and colorful, featuring various animals.

How strong is the book?

This is a jacketed hard cover book and appears to be reasonably strong. My jacket already has some wear and tear, and I haven’t even shared it with a child yet, so I think I will be removing it - but the cover features the same photo, so that should be fine..

Who the book is for:

Prenatal through maybe seven?

What I liked:

The pictures are colorful and fun.

I like that this shares about the love a parent has for a child.

A portion of the proceeds from the sale of this book go to the Whole Hearts Foundation.

What I didn’t like:

I don’t like the way this book is written, it’s just not fun to read or enjoyable to listen to.

My conclusion:

There are so many great children’s’ books on love out there. I can think of at least three off the top of my head that I enjoyed much more than this one.

I give I Couldn’t Love You More 3 out of 5 stars.

I received this book free to review from Tyndale. The opinions expressed in this review are my true thoughts and feeling regarding this book. I am disclosing this information in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255.

No comments:

Post a Comment