Wednesday, June 6, 2012

My Review of By Faith, Not By Sight


Written by: Scott Macintyre
Published by: Thomas Nelson

I enjoy reading autobiographies, as is evidenced by my many reviews of them. I chose to read By Faith, Not By Sight for that reason alone, not having any idea who Scott Macintyre was.

This is the story of Scott Macintyre, a man who was born blind and who has since overcome many trials in order live a “good life”.

Who the book is for:

Lovers of autobiographies, such as myself. Those who are blind or know someone who is - I am considering recommending this book to my teenage cousin who, like Scott, was born blind and enjoys music (if I can find the book in Braille or an audio disc or something.)

What I liked:

I appreciated some of the insight into what it’s like to live life as a blind person. I had always imagined it to be hard, but had never thought of the little things, like not being able to run or ride a bike, without having someone there to make sure you are safe.

All the little stories of Scott’s past kept me interested.

What I didn’t like:

I enjoyed the whole book.

My conclusion:

This was an enjoyable and inspiring read.

I give By Faith Not By Sight 5 out of 5 stars.

I received this book free to review from Thomas Nelson. The opinions expressed in this review are my true thoughts and feeling regarding this book. I am disclosing this information in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255.


2 comments:

  1. Thank you for the follow on the Treena Bean blog! I would love it if you'd also come and publicly follow my lifestyle blog True Blue Abbi. I've got a giveaway running 'till Sunday night as well!

    -XO Abbigayle Rashae
    -trueblueabbi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love reading autobiographies myself! Thanks for the review, I'm going to keep an eye out for it. :)

    ReplyDelete