Friday, June 22, 2012

My Review of My Hair and God's Mercies... New Every Morning


Written by: Yvette Maher with Amy Tracy
Published by: Tyndale House

I chose to read My Hair and God’s Mercies… New Every Morning because it sounded like it would be interesting, and I was not disappointed.

This is the, true, story of Yvette Maher, a woman who has learned a lot about the grace and mercy of God over the course of her lifetime.

Who the book is for:

Anyone who wants to learn more about grace, those who enjoy autobiographies and memoirs, women, especially.

What I liked:

Very open and honest and not afraid of telling of her past and the mistakes that were made by her and by her family.

Easy and enjoyable to read.

What I didn’t like:

This is, perhaps, a weird thing to comment on, but I found it annoying how the book had these little “quotes” like, that repeated what the book said. Like it would take one sentence from a page and insert it in bigger font than the rest… hard to explain, but just a little annoyance, and almost the only thing I didn’t like about this book.

I disagree with Yvette in her view on birth control, as I am 100% against the use of it at any time - I know, there may not be a single soul who agrees with me on that issue, but I am tired of everyone promoting it.

My conclusion:

This book is a great read, and I recommend it.

I give My Hair and God’s Mercies… New Every Morning 5 out of 5 stars.

I received this book free to review from Tyndale. The opinions expressed in this review are my true thoughts and feeling regarding this book. I am disclosing this information in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255.


No comments:

Post a Comment