Saturday, July 7, 2012

My Review of My Stubborn Heart


Written by: Becky Wade
Published by: Bethany House

I was first attracted to My Stubborn Heart because of the colorful and attractive cover.

This is the story of Kate Donovan, a 30 something girl, who travels with her grandmother to help her restore an old home. The man that they have hired to help with the house ends up being a retired sports star, with a haunting past and anger at God, who ends up attracting Kate’s attention. Will Kate follow God or her own feelings?

Who the book is for:

Women! Those who enjoy contemporary fiction. Those who enjoy romances.

What I liked:

The story was great! I enjoyed it and it kept me interested.

Emotional and touching.

Parts were a bit funny.

What I didn’t like:

Some of this book was a bit immature and unnecessary, such as talk of a bathroom stinking after use and bra size.

Talk of “making out”, admiring a man’s bare chest, lots of heavy kissing… things you wouldn’t normally find in a Christian book, I felt were unnecessary as well.

My conclusion:

I really liked this book, but it wasn’t without it’s flaws.

I give My Stubborn Heart 4 out of 5 stars.

I received this book free to review from Bethany House. The opinions expressed in this review are my true thoughts and feeling regarding this book. I am disclosing this information in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255.

No comments:

Post a Comment