Saturday, August 4, 2012

My review of Touching the Sky


Written by: Tracie Peterson
Published by: Bethany House

Touching the Sky is the story of Laura and Carissa Marquardt, young women in post Civil War times. Laura is hesitant as Carissa gets engaged to a man she hasn’t known for very long. When things become dangerous, Laura struggles with who she can share her fears with. Along the way Laura also meets someone and falls in love.

Who the book is for:

Those who enjoy historical, fiction, particularly women.

What I liked:

The last half of the book.

The story got quite exciting in some parts.

There is a good cast of characters who are enjoyable to read about.

What I didn’t like:

The first half or so of the book is quite boring, and I had to push myself to get through it.

My conclusion:

This is a pretty good book, and I ended up enjoying it.

I give Touching the Sky 4 out of 5 stars.

*This is book two in the Land of the Lone Star series.

I received this book free to review from Bethany House. The opinions expressed in this review are my true thoughts and feeling regarding this book. I am disclosing this information in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255.

No comments:

Post a Comment