Saturday, September 1, 2012

My Review of Almost Amish


Written by: Kathryn Cushman
Published by: Bethany House

Almost Amish is a fiction story of a family who decides to live a simple summer in order to be featured on a reality tv show. The book shares the ups and downs of the simple life, as well as the ups and downs of being television stars. The family grows closer to each other along the way.

Who the book is for:

Those who are fans of reality television will like this little behind the scenes look at it, even if it is just fiction.

What I liked:

I like that this book was about family. So many books are simply romance books about couples, but this book was about mothers and their children, etc..

What I didn’t like:

This book was rather boring, overall, and I really had to push myself to even finish it.

I felt like I should have known more of the characters back stories.

My conclusion:

I wasn’t a big fan of this book, and I don’t really recommend it.

I give Almost Amish 3 out of 5 stars.


I received this book free to review from Bethany House. The opinions expressed in this review are my true thoughts and feeling regarding this book. I am disclosing this information in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255.

No comments:

Post a Comment