Saturday, September 1, 2012

My Review of Cruel Harvest


Written by: Fran Elizabeth Grubb with Bryan Reardon
Published by: Thomas Nelson

I really like to read autobiographies, memoirs, etc, of pretty much anyone, and that is why I choose to read this book.

Cruel Harvest is a memoir by a woman who suffered a harsh childhood, but came to forgive and find peace in her adult life.



Who the book is for:

Those who feel they are the only ones who have suffered in life, those who enjoy memoirs.

What I liked:

This book definitely captured (and kept) my attention. I read it all in the course of two sittings.

Shares that there can be hope, freedom, and joy, in the future of those who have suffered or are suffering.

The author shares all, which can be good…

What I didn’t like:

The author shares all, which can be bad - it does make the book a dark, and sometimes a bit gruesome, read.

I wish that the author would have shared more about how she came to forgive and move on from her past, as well as more about her adult life.

My conclusion:

This was unlike any book that I have read, and I feel that I am still processing it.

I give Cruel Harvest 4 out of 5 stars.

I received this book free to review from BookSneeze. The opinions expressed in this review are my true thoughts and feeling regarding this book. I am disclosing this information in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255.


3 comments:

  1. Have you read the biography, "The Boy From Baby House 10." Oh my! I just read it in 2 sittings. It gives graphic details of life in Russian Orphanages. Powerful read!

    Laurel
    mama of 12

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never that, but I will look into it. So sad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds interesting- it is my first time hearing of it. I loved the memoir The Glass Castle, so I do like an interesting memoir. Great review!
    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete