Friday, September 21, 2012

My Review of My First Handy Bible


I was excited to receive My First Handy Bible to review. I am always interested in children’s Bible books, especially now that my oldest nephew has come to love reading Bible stories.



The story:

This is a Bible story book, sharing “classic” Bible stories, from creation to the birth of Jesus, etc..

The illustrations:

The pictures in this book are very different for a children’s book. Not the highest quality, and not the cutest.

How strong is the book?

This is a pretty sturdy little book, and seems like it will hold up quite well.

Who the book is for:

Babies and toddlers, through preschoolers, even.

What I liked:

The padded cover, plastic handle, and overall way that the book is made.

Includes quite a few Bible stories.

I like that each story includes the reference to where it is found in the Bible.

What I didn’t like:

There are a few mistakes, such as David taking “well” care of sheep, instead of “good”.

One story tells of how people wanted Jesus to be their king, but he only wanted to be their friend - I don’t see how this is biblically based.

Overall, this book is pretty poorly written.

My conclusion:

I really wanted to like this book, but I found that I didn’t.

I give My First Handy Bible 2 out of 5 stars.


I received this book free to review from The B & B Media Group. The opinions expressed in this review are my true thoughts and feeling regarding this book. I am disclosing this information in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255.

1 comment:

  1. Hi there! You won a prize on my blog!
    Tirzah
    www.tirzahsdelights.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete