Thursday, October 25, 2012

My review of To Love and Cherish


Written by: Tracie Peterson and Judith Miller
Published by: Bethany House

I have read some good books by Tracie Peterson, in the past, and that’s why I chose to read To Love and Cherish, despite the fact that it didn’t seem to have much of a story.

Melinda Colson has been waiting a long time for her boyfriend to propose, but he doesn’t want to get married until he is certain that he can support a family. The story is set in the late 1800’s, in Bridal Veil Island, Georgia.



Who the book is for:

Those who like historical fiction. Those who like so-so love stories.

What I liked:

The last couple of chapters were interesting, even a bit exciting, and fun to read.

What I didn’t like:

The first several chapters (like the majority of the book) were boring and didn’t have much of a story.

My conclusion:

This wasn’t the worst book that I have ever read, but it certainly wasn’t the best, either.

I give To Love and Cherish 3 out of 5 stars.

*I will be passing on this one.

I received this book free to review from Bethany House. The opinions expressed in this review are my true thoughts and feeling regarding this book. I am disclosing this information in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255.

No comments:

Post a Comment