Friday, November 23, 2012

My Review of The Matchmakers of Butternut Creek


Written by: Jane Myers Perrine
Published by: Faith Words

I received an advanced reader copy of this book to read and review.

This is the story of a single minister and his congregations efforts to get him married.

The Matchmakers of Butternut Creek, Butternut Creek Series #2   -     
        By: Jane Myers Perrine

Who the book is for:

Romance lovers, contemporary fiction fans.

What I liked:

It was a fun part of the story, how the minister had two homeless children living with him.

What I didn’t like:

I didn’t feel any emotional connection to the story.

The chapters were way to long for my tastes.

A bit liberal for me… like the preacher thinks about getting the girl in his bed - a preacher thinking about that before even asking her to marry him.

My conclusion:

I don’t know… something about this book just didn’t click for me.

I give The Matchmakers of Butternut Creek 3 out of 5 stars.


I received this book free to review from Faith Words. The opinions expressed in this review are my true thoughts and feeling regarding this book. I am disclosing this information in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255.

No comments:

Post a Comment