Tuesday, November 27, 2012

My Review of The Sanctuary


Written by: Ted Dekker
Published by: Faith Words

I received an advance reader copy of this book to review.

The Sanctuary is the story of a couple who loves each other so much, but is separate as the man is in prison paying for crimes that the girl committed. The prison where the man is staying is a really twisted, sick, place, and the girl must rescue him from there.



Who the book is for:

Suspense/thriller lovers - those who can tolerate a bit of more gruesome content.

What I liked:

The story kept me interested, and the ending surprised me.

My eyes were opened to our flawed prison systems. It really made me think of how we could better deal with criminals.

Exciting.

What I didn’t like:

As for being a Christian book… maybe I am dense, but I didn’t really get what kind of message was supposed to be learned from this.

My conclusion:

Hmm… I find it hard to summarize how I feel about this book.

I give The Sanctuary 3 out of 5 stars.

*I will be passing this on to my mom and possibly my bil, cause it’s their kind of read more than mine.

I received this book free to review from Faith Words. The opinions expressed in this review are my true thoughts and feeling regarding this book. I am disclosing this information in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255.

No comments:

Post a Comment