Wednesday, November 28, 2012

My Review of Season of Blessing


Written by: Beverly LaHaye and Terri Blackstock
Published by: Zondervan

I loved the first three books in this series, and was excited to reread this one, as well…

Season of Blessing focuses on Sylvia, a fifty (or sixty) something woman who has breast cancer. The book also includes Sylvia’s three neighbors and their families, but mainly focuses on Sylvia.



Who the book is for:

Contemporary fiction lovers.

What I liked:

Parts of the story were good, but…

What I didn’t like:

…this book focused so much on the cancer that Sylvia had, that it wasn’t that enjoyable to read. I wish that it would have focused on the other characters more.

My conclusion:

This isn’t my favorite book, as I said… I actually didn’t really enjoy it, surprisingly.

I give Season of Blessing 3 out of 5 stars.

*Despite the fact that I own the other three books in the series, I will not be keeping this one.

I received this book free to review from Zondervan. All the opinions expressed in this review are my true thoughts and feeling regarding this book. I am disclosing this information in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255.


No comments:

Post a Comment