Tuesday, November 6, 2012

My Review of You Can't Make Me


Written by: Cynthia Ulrich Tobias
Published by: Waterbrook Press

As I’ve said before, I am not a parent, yet I read parenting books. Weird, I know.

You Can’t Make Me (But I Can Be Persuaded) shares how to best deal with strong willed children.



Who the book is for:

Parents, specifically, especially of strong willed children.

What I liked:

I really appreciate the fact that the author talks about the good in strong willed children, as well as the bad.

The author identifies herself as a strong willed person, so she understands what she is talking about.

Good, sound advice.

No endorsement of spanking or other physical discipline, which would turn me off from any parenting book.

What I didn’t like:

This is a good book, overall.

My conclusion:

If I ever am lucky enough to be a parent, and more specifically a parent of a strong willed child, I feel that this book will be helpful.

I give You Can’t Make Me 5 out of 5 stars.

*I will be holding onto this book, to use it when dealing with all the strong willed people in my life.

I received this book free to review from Blogging for Books. The opinions expressed in this review are my true thoughts and feeling regarding this book. I am disclosing this information in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255.

1 comment:

  1. This book looks very interesting, I think I may recommend it to my aunt. Would you mind taking a moment to check out my new shop?
    http://bonjourangelina.blogspot.com/
    I would really appreciate it if you could also follow it! Thank you! x

    ReplyDelete