Saturday, December 22, 2012

My Review of A Home in Drayton Valley


Written by: Kim Vogel Sawyer
Published by: Bethany House

I’m not a big fan of historical fiction, but I have found that Kim Vogel Sawyer does a good job with it, so I was excited to read and review this book.

Set in the late 1800’s, A Home in Drayton Valley tells the story of Tarsie Raines, a young woman who travels with her friend and her family from New York to Kansas. When her friend dies along the way, Tarsie makes a promise to her that she will care for her family… and she finds it hard to keep that promise.



Who the book is for:

Fans of historical fiction.

What I liked:

The story was interesting.

Parts were touching.

Good messages.

What I didn’t like:

Parts of the story moved a bit slow, but not many.

My conclusion:

Overall, this was a good read.

I give A Home in Drayton Valley 4 out of 5 stars.

*I will probably be passing this on to my historical fiction loving sister.

I received this book free to review from Bethany House. The opinions expressed in this review are my true thoughts and feeling regarding this book. I am disclosing this information in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255.

No comments:

Post a Comment