Saturday, January 12, 2013

My Review of The Girl in the Glass


Written by: Susan Meissner
Published by: WaterBrook Press

I’ve loved every Susan Meissner book that I have read, so I was excited to read The Girl in the Glass.

This is the story of Meg, Sophia, and Nora. An American, Italian, and long-ago Medici princess. Meg has always dreamed of taking a trip to Florence, and her dad promised that he would take her one day. Finally the time comes and Meg heads out, without her father. In Italy, Meg stays with Sophia, a writer who shows Meg around the beautiful city. Sophia convinces Meg that she can hear the voice of Nora and claims to be one of the last members of the Medici family.



Who the book is for:

Those interested in the culture and art of Italy. Contemporary/historical fiction readers.

What I liked:

The characters in Susan Meissner’s books are always so interesting, fun, and life-like.

Parts of the story were touching, and parts were funny.

What I didn’t like:

The Nora parts were boring and I tended to skip over them.

Parts of the book didn’t interest me.

My conclusion:

This definitely wasn’t my favorite book from Susan Meissner.

I give The Girl in the Glass 3 out of 5 stars.

*I will not be keeping my copy of this book.

I received this book free to review from Blogging for Books. The opinions expressed in this review are my true thoughts and feeling regarding this book. I am disclosing this information in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255.

No comments:

Post a Comment