Monday, February 11, 2013

My Review of God Gave Us Easter


Written by: Lisa Tawn Bergren
Published by: Laura J. Bryant

I am always excited to read (and review) any children’s book, so I was happy to receive God Gave Us Easter from Blogging for Books.



The story:

The little polar bear talks to his dad about Easter. The dad explains how Easter is about Jesus’ love.

The illustrations:

Are cute and gentle, with pale colors and fun animals.

How strong is the book?

This is a hardcover book and appears to be reasonably sturdy and strong.

Who the book is for:

Hmm… the back of this book lists it as being for ages 3 to 8. I would think those closer to the top of that age group would be the ones who would understand it best, but I also think that my two year old nephew would listen to it and enjoy the pictures.

What I liked:

The message is good.

Explains Easter in a unique way.

Cute pictures.

What I didn’t like:

Nothing in particular, yet for some reason it just didn’t seem “perfect”.

My conclusion:

I thought this was a good book explaining Easter and salvation for children.

I give God Gave Us Easter 4 out of 5 stars.

I received this book free to review from Blogging for Books. The opinions expressed in this review are my true thoughts and feeling regarding this book. I am disclosing this information in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255.

No comments:

Post a Comment