Tuesday, March 5, 2013

My Review of When Donkeys Talk


Written by: Tyler Blanski
Published by: Zondervan

When I first read about it, I thought When Donkeys Talk sounded like an interesting book on the mystery and “magic” of Christianity. After reading it, I find myself a bit disappointed.

This book talks about some of the history behind Christianity, but doesn’t dwell on the story of Balaam and his donkey - or other “magical” Bible stories - as much as I thought it would.



Who the book is for:

Thinkers. Christians.

What I liked:

A lot of the book is written in a humorous and fun way…

What I didn’t like:

…yet parts are really boring.

Wasn’t really what I expected.

Parts are hard to understand.

Overuses another word for donkey in an attempt to sound funny, which I found a bit immature.

My conclusion:

This book wasn’t what I was expecting, and I found myself a bit disappointed.

I give When Donkeys Talk 2 out of 5 stars.

*I will not be keeping my copy of this book.

I received this book free to review from BookSneeze. The opinions expressed in this review are my true thoughts and feeling regarding this book. I am disclosing this information in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255.

1 comment:

  1. I've nominated your blog for a Liebster Award! Check out your questions here!

    Your newest follower,
    Marianne from Sandling All Day

    ReplyDelete