Tuesday, April 9, 2013

My Review of Learning to Love


Written by: Heidi and Rolland Baker
Published by: Chosen

I was really excited to receive Learning to Love to review, because I thought it was going to be sort of a call for me to get out and love those around me - and I could use the push… but, as you’ll see in my conclusion, that wasn’t really it.



Who the book is for:

Christians, teens and adults, specifically, men and women.

What I liked:

The chapters are reasonably short and therefore easy to get through.

Each chapter ends with a Bible verse.

The Bakers seem like really nice people.

What I didn’t like:

Parts are a bit boring.

Wasn’t what I expected.

My conclusion:

To me, this book read as a missionary newsletter, not the call to love that I thought it would be. The Bakers simply shared stories of their mission work - exciting as those stories were, it wasn’t what I was expecting.

I give Learning to Love 3 out of 5 stars.

I received this book free to review from Bethany House. The opinions expressed in this review are my true thoughts and feeling regarding this book. I am disclosing this information in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255.


No comments:

Post a Comment