Monday, July 15, 2013

My Review of Bible Stories Painting Book 2

Written by: Juliet David
Published by: Candle Books, an imprint of Lion Hudson

The colorful and fun cover of Bible Stories Painting Book 2 was what first caught my attention. I really like the illustrations.



The story:

This books includes small “stories” or facts about various Bible characters and stories.

The illustrations:

Are cute and fun. So childish and simple.

How strong is the book?

This is a paperback book with reasonably strong pages that stand up to the watercolor paints quite well.

Who the book is for:

I used this book with my just turned two year old niece and she had a hard time understanding how to use the paints to color the pages, but she enjoyed it nonetheless.

I would recommend this book more for ages four to six or so.

What I liked:

The inside of the front and back covers feature a paint palette that children can use, by simply applying water, to paint each page.

Features a variety of stories.

Cute and fun illustrations.

What I didn’t like:

There is nothing specific that I didn’t like about this book.

My conclusion:

This is a fun book and I’m glad that I got the chance to try it out. It was fun to introduce watercolor painting to my little niece.

I give Bible Stories Painting Book 2 a rating of 5 out of 5 stars.


I received this book free to review from Kregel Blog Tour. The opinions expressed in this review are my true thoughts and feeling regarding this book. I am disclosing this information in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255.

No comments:

Post a Comment