Tuesday, August 20, 2013

My Review of The Candle Classic Bible

Published by: Candle Books - Lion Hudson

I was excited to receive The Candle Classic Bible to review, eager to see if it would be something that I would pass on to my nieces and nephews. I was disappointed.



The story:

This book includes 365 Bible stories, so it includes more than just the classic ones used in typical children’s Bibles.

The illustrations:

Are dark and serious, a lot to look at, but not very fun.

How strong is the book?

This is a hardcover book with thick and sturdy pages.

Who the book is for:

I’m not really sure who this book is for, since the stories are written in a way that is too mature for the very young, but older children could just read from a real Bible.

What I liked:

Each story has a reference to where you can find that story in the Bible.

Includes stories that aren’t always included in children’s Bibles.

Sturdy and durable.

What I didn’t like:

Includes stories and details that are true to God’s Word, but might be too mature for young children - such as murder and stoning and the laws from the Old Testament…

Dark.

My conclusion:

I’m not really a fan of this Bible, as I don’t know who it was made for. I, personally, would rather read to children from a real Bible.

I give The Candle Classic Bible 2 out of 5 stars.


I received this book free to review from Kregel Blog Tour. The opinions expressed in this review are my true thoughts and feeling regarding this book. I am disclosing this information in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255.

No comments:

Post a Comment