Wednesday, September 18, 2013

My Review of The Beauty of Broken

Written by: Elisa Morgan
Published by: W Publishing Group an Imprint of Thomas Nelson

I enjoy reading auto-biographies, memoirs, etc., so I was anxious to start reading The Beauty of Broken.





Who the book is for:

Christians. Women. Mothers in particular.

What I liked:

This book was interesting to read and I finished it within a day of starting it, I believe.

There are good messages - including part on forgiveness that really spoke to me - in this book, but…

What I didn’t like:

Some of the messages are not so good.

Elisa mentions how her daughter was “unselfish” in giving up her baby, when she knows how much being given away has negatively affected her own children.

Her stance on the homosexual lifestyle.

My conclusion:

Overall, I enjoyed reading this book, but I can’t really recommend it.

I disagree with Elisa on multiple issues, and I have to give The Beauty of Broken  2 out of 5 stars.

I received this book free to review from BookSneeze. The opinions expressed in this review are my true thoughts and feeling regarding this book. I am disclosing this information in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255.

No comments:

Post a Comment