Tuesday, September 3, 2013

My Review of The One Year My Princess Devotions: Preschool Edition

Published by: Tyndale Kids
Written by: Karen Whiting

I was really excited to get the chance to read a devotional that was made specifically for preschoolers, and The One Year My Princess Devotions: Preschool Edition is just that.



The story:

This devotional includes a Bible verse for each day, followed by thoughts on that verse, a prayer, and actions to take.

The illustrations:

I love the front cover of this book! With the glitter and the pretty pictures - very cute!

The inside of the book includes simple illustrations of crowns, ladybugs and hearts.

How strong is the book?

This is a hardcover book with pretty sturdy pages.

Who the book is for:

I would recommend this book for ages four through six - with an adults help to read it, and explain some of it.

What I liked:

The idea of a devotional for preschoolers is so fun.

The cover is adorable.

Includes lots of good lessons.

The readings are just the right length for the age group.

What I didn’t like:

Some of the lessons are just so random, and based on a scripture verse taken out of context.

A warning for anyone who might be gifting this book… it makes multiple mention of “mom” and “dad” and always implies that they are both actively involved in the little girl’s life, and are good people… just something I thought worth mentioning.

My conclusion:

I found this book fun, and I will be gifting it to one of my nieces.

I give The One Year My Princess Devotions: Preschool Edition 4 out of 5 stars.

I received this book free to review from Tyndale. The opinions expressed in this review are my true thoughts and feeling regarding this book. I am disclosing this information in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255.

No comments:

Post a Comment