Saturday, September 14, 2013

My Review of Skinny Little Tree

Published by: Outskirts Press
Written by: Jayme Martin
Illustrated by: Clark Andrews Jr.

I was excited to receive Skinny Little Tree to review, as I love reading any children books.



The story:

This is the story of a tree who experiences various emotions, and then shares why he is feeling that way.

The illustrations:

Are somewhat cute, but also kind of creepy.

How strong is the book?

This is a flimsy paperback (that had a crease in the front when it arrived by me), but the pages seem reasonably strong.

Who the book is for:

This book is probably good for ages two through six, in my opinion.

What I liked:

The story is cute.

Teaches children about emotions.

What I didn’t like:

I would have preferred cuter pictures.

My conclusion:

Overall, this is a reasonably fun book.

I give Skinny Little Tree 4 out of 5 stars.


I received this book free to review from the author. The opinions expressed in this review are my true thoughts and feeling regarding this book. I am disclosing this information in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255.

No comments:

Post a Comment