Tuesday, September 17, 2013

My Review of What Once Was Lost

Written by: Kim Vogel Sawyer
Published by: WaterBrook

I have always said that I am not a fan of historical fiction, but I have come to enjoy some of it… that is why I chose to read What Once Was Lost.

Quite simply, this book is about a young woman who struggles to care for the poor under her care after a fire burns down their house. Included in this group are a blind boy and a pregnant girl, an elderly couple and a mentally challenged man, among others.



Who the book is for:

Historical fiction lovers or those on the fence like me - women, in particular.

What I liked:

Enjoyable to read.

Entertaining.

Unique.

Spoiler warning: I absolutely love the pro keeping one’s child message - versus an adoption message.

What I didn’t like:

There is nothing in this book that I didn’t like.

My conclusion:

Overall, this was a good read.

I give What Once Was Lost 5 out of 5 stars.

I received this book free to review from Blogging for Books. The opinions expressed in this review are my true thoughts and feeling regarding this book. I am disclosing this information in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255.

No comments:

Post a Comment