Tuesday, September 10, 2013

My Review of When You Have to Be the Man

Written by: Sabrina Blount Watson
Published by: Outskirts Press

I am not a single mom. I’m not even a mom. I am single, though.

I chose to read When You Have to Be the Man because I was curious to see how it would be, because I have a heart for single moms, and because I like to use single moms in the novels that I write.



Who the book is for:

Single moms. (which I am not, but that’s beside the point…)

What I liked:

It is important for single moms to remember that God is always there for them and will support them.

This book puts to rest some of the myths that single moms can’t be good parents.

Includes some real advice on daily parenting…

This book is pretty short, which is really nice for busy single moms.

What I didn’t like:

There is a reference to spanking that I would have preferred left out. (The author did mention that she decided not to spank in the end, but I am an opponent of physically punishing children and would have preferred the topic left out altogether.)

My conclusion:

Overall, this is a decent book of encouragement for single moms.

I give When You Have to Be the Man 4 out of 5 stars.

I received this book free to review from the author. The opinions expressed in this review are my true thoughts and feeling regarding this book. I am disclosing this information in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255.

No comments:

Post a Comment