Monday, October 21, 2013

My Review of Broken Melody

Written by: Trudy Adams
Published by: Even Before Publishing

I was excited to read Broken Melody because I have a heart for foster children, and the main character is a foster child.

This (fiction) book follows the story of seventeen year old Danae Blackburn, who is living in an abusive foster home and seeks relief through piano playing. Her foster parents forbid her from pursuing her music, but she goes behind their back and does it anyway - with the help of various friends.



Who the book is for:

Teens in particular, but adults can read it, too.

What I liked:

Parts of the story were touching and enjoyable to read.

The short length was kind of nice.

What I didn’t like:

Boring read - I had to skim through so much of this story because it was just really hard to get into and enjoy - specifically the parts where there was no dialogue.

Uses apostrophes instead of quotation marks which just makes it a little weird to read.

My conclusion:

Overall, I am not a big fan of this book.

I give Broken Melody 3 out of 5 stars.

I received this book free to review from BookCrash. The opinions expressed in this review are my true thoughts and feeling regarding this book. I am disclosing this information in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255.

No comments:

Post a Comment