Tuesday, October 29, 2013

My Review of Forever Friday

Written by: Timothy Lewis
Published by: WaterBrook Press

I received an advance reader copy of this book, and I was excited to give it a read.

Forever Friday weaves the stories of Adam Colby - a divorced man who recently discovered a book of postcards while hosting an estate sale - and Gabe and Pearl Alexander, the couple who originally shared the cards.



Who the book is for:

Those who enjoy historical fiction, as the focus is mostly on the couple and their relationship in the 1920’s.

What I liked:

For being historical fiction, this book is actually pretty interesting and enjoyable to read.

The author did a great job of making the reader feel like you are actually there with the couple.

What I didn’t like:

This is not your typical Christian book - with mentions of drinking and swimsuit modeling shows and rarely a mention of God, this book is definitely different in that respect.

I also found the continued mention of a guardian angel a bit weird for a Christian book.

My conclusion:

Overall, this was a… different book.

I give Forever Friday 3 out of 5 stars.

I received this book free to review from Blogging for Books. The opinions expressed in this review are my true thoughts and feeling regarding this book. I am disclosing this information in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255.

No comments:

Post a Comment