Friday, October 11, 2013

My Review of Heart of the Country

Written by: Rene Gutteridge and John Ward
Published by: Tyndale

I was excited to read Heart of the Country because I somehow got the impression that it was about a country singer and focused on the music industry. I don’t know where I got that idea from, but it wasn’t what the story really was.

Heart of the Country shares the story of Luke and Faith, a young couple who virtually abandoned their families when they fell in love. When the world they’ve created falls apart, they must turn back to those same families for support.



Who the book is for:

Those who enjoy contemporary Christian fiction, specifically women.

What I liked:

The story is decent.

The chapters are short enough to keep me interested.

What I didn’t like:

Could have been better, such as more emotional.

My conclusion:

Overall, this was an okay read. I also received a copy of the DVD, so I am looking forward to checking that out and seeing how it compares to the book.

I give Heart of the Country 3 out of 5 stars.

I received this book free to review from Tyndale. The opinions expressed in this review are my true thoughts and feeling regarding this book. I am disclosing this information in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255.








No comments:

Post a Comment