Tuesday, November 26, 2013

A Story of Grace - My Review of The Prodigal

Written by: Brennan Manning and Greg Garrett
Published by: Zondervan

I enjoy reading contemporary fiction, and I am really into focusing on - reading about and further understanding - grace right now, so I was excited to dig into The Prodigal.

This is the story of Jack Chisholm, a pastor who loses everything when he has an affair with his assistant. He must find a way to put his life back together, and learn the power of grace and forgiveness.



Who the book is for:

Christians. Men and women. Those who need to better understand grace.

What I liked:

The fact that this book focuses on grace.

Good read.

Interesting and unique.

An emotional story at times.

What I didn’t like:

Casual mentions of drinking and driving after drinking.

Something just seemed to be lacking, like it could have been better.

My conclusion:

Overall, this was a pretty good read, and you should check it out.

I give The Prodigal 4 out of 5 stars.

I received this book free to review from BookSneeze. The opinions expressed in this review are my true thoughts and feeling regarding this book. I am disclosing this information in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255.

No comments:

Post a Comment