Saturday, November 16, 2013

A Unique Children's Read - In the Hall of the Mountain King

Published by: Samizdat Creative
Written by: Allison Flannery
Illustrated by: Vesper Stamper

So… I know nothing about In the Hall of the Mountain King, the play… I simply like to read children’s books, and that’s why I chose to read this book.



The story:

This book follows Peer, a little boy from Norway, as he travels to the Mountain King’s castle - then tries to escape it.

The illustrations:

Are colorful and fun and drew me into the story.

How strong is the book?

This is a sturdy, hardcover book.

Who the book is for:

I would recommend this book for ages three through six.

What I liked:

The pictures are so fun.

The story is unique.

What I didn’t like:

Might be a bit scary for some young children.

Not a whole lot of message or anything to it.

My conclusion:

This was an okay children’s book.

I give In the Hall of the Mountain King 3 out of 5 stars.


I received this book free to review from the author. The opinions expressed in this review are my true thoughts and feeling regarding this book. I am disclosing this information in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255.

No comments:

Post a Comment