Monday, November 4, 2013

My Review of Bible and Prayers for Teddy and Me

Published by: Lion Hudson
Written by: Christina Goodings
Illustrated by: Janet Samuel

I am always interested in reading more children’s Bibles, so I was happy to check out Bible and Prayers for Teddy and Me.



The story:

This book includes many “classic” Bible stories that are told in more unique way than some…

The illustrations:

The pictures in this book are cute. Not really as simple as you would expect for a baby book, but still fun.

How strong is the book?

This is a padded hardcover book which seems relatively sturdy.

Who the book is for:

I would recommend this book for baby boys aged newborn to two. It’s interesting that they choose to make the cover so blue and also include a picture of a boy, ‘cause that makes me think that it wouldn’t be a good gift for a girl.

What I liked:

The stories are told in a unique way.

Some of the “prayers” are cute.

What I didn’t like:

Some of the punctuation and grammar is a bit off.

Some of the “prayers” don’t rhyme but some of them do…

My conclusion:

This is a cute, little Bible book for babies, but with a few flaws.

I give Bible and Prayers for Teddy and Me 3 out of 5 stars.

*I will be gifting this book to my youngest nephew.


I received this book free to review from Kregel Blog Tour. The opinions expressed in this review are my true thoughts and feeling regarding this book. I am disclosing this information in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255.

No comments:

Post a Comment