Monday, December 30, 2013

A Unique Novel Idea but Boring Read - My Review of Jewel of the Pacific

Written by: Linda Lee Chaiken
Published by: River North

I chose to read this book because I thought it sounded interesting. I didn’t realize at the time that it was the third in a series, but I figured it would be okay to just start with it, anyway, when I found out that it was.

Jewel of the Pacific tells the story of Eden, a girl whose life is put on hold when her fiancé is injured. Hurt by the man’s choice to put off their wedding day, Eden sails to a leper colony where her mom is suffering.



Who the book is for:

Those who have read the earlier books in the series.

What I liked:

I really thought the whole story idea was unique.

What I didn’t like:

This book seemed to start in the middle of a story, which I found weird despite the fact that it is the third in a series.

The number of characters - and something about their names - made this book really confusing for me.

This book is a boring read and I could not get into it, at all.

My conclusion:

Overall, I didn’t enjoy this read at all.

I give Jewel of the Pacific 2 out of 5 stars.

I received this book free to review from MPNewsroom. The opinions expressed in this review are my true thoughts and feeling regarding this book. I am disclosing this information in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255.

No comments:

Post a Comment