Monday, December 16, 2013

An Interesting Novel for Young Adults - My Review of Like Moonlight at Low Tide

Written by: Nicole Quigley
Published by: Zondervan

I enjoy reading teen fiction every now and then, so I was happy to read and review Like Moonlight at Low Tide.

This is the story of Missy Keiser, a high school girl who has returned to the schoolmates who bullied her back when she was in middle school. Through the move, Missy has to deal with her newfound popularity, the attention of two boys, and her mom’s messy love life - plus, her troubled older brother.



Who the book is for:

Teen girls.

What I liked:

The story is interesting.

The characters are so real and I felt like I got to know them, personally.

What I didn’t like:

Felt like it could have gone deeper - both the message and the story of each character.

I would have liked shorter chapters.

My conclusion:

Overall, this was a decent read and a good debut novel from the author.

I give Like Moonlight at Low Tide 4 out of 5 stars.

I received this book free to review from BookSneeze. The opinions expressed in this review are my true thoughts and feeling regarding this book. I am disclosing this information in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255.

No comments:

Post a Comment