Monday, December 23, 2013

Boring Story of an Angry Man - My Review of Guilty by Association

Written by: Pat Simmons
Published by: Lift Every Voice Books

I really thought that the story of this book sounded interesting, and that is why I decided to read it, despite the fact that it is written for African Americans in particular.

Guilty by Association is the story of Kidd Jamieson, an angry man who has never moved past the fact that his dad abandoned him and his brother when they were kids. Now, after moving in with a distant cousin, Kidd must deal with his anger in order to gain the love of the girl who he has fallen for.



Who the book is for:

Men and women, African Americans in particular.

What I liked:

Parts of the book are interesting and enjoyable to read.

Unique characters who grow on you.

What I didn’t like:

Pretty boring, overall.

Took the easy way out in regard to dealing with the issue of Kidd’s dad.

Left some things unfinished in the end.

Somewhat of an antigun message that I found annoying.

My conclusion:

Overall, this certainly wasn’t my favorite read.

I give Guilty by Association 3 out of 5 stars.

I received this book free to review from MPNewsroom. The opinions expressed in this review are my true thoughts and feeling regarding this book. I am disclosing this information in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255.

No comments:

Post a Comment