Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Random Dog Story - My Review of Kurt, Gert, Jazmine, and Bagel

Published by: Outskirts Press
Written by: Irene Dolnick

I enjoy reading children’s books, so I was more than happy to check out Kurt, Gert, Jazmine, and Bagel.



The story:

This tells the tale of a dog who is jealous when she sees two of her friends together. She then decides to “hook up” with one of a friend of her own and travel the country with him.

The illustrations:

Are fun and colorful, and pretty well done.

How strong is the book?

This is your average paperback book, relatively sturdy.

Who the book is for:

I believe this book was written for beginning readers, as parts of words are underlined and highlighted and the reading of them is explained… but I think the look of the book is more for younger children, and the words used are for older children.

What I liked:

The illustrations!

What I didn’t like:

The story is random and hard to understand.

Sort of a love story, in an imaginative way, which seems weird for young kids.

Uses big words that kids can’t understand.

The highlighting and underlining make it somewhat difficult to read.

Not a big deal, but the title of the book includes an extra comma.

My conclusion:

Overall, I wasn’t a fan of this book.

I give Kurt, Gert, Jazmine, and Bagel 2 out of 5 stars.


I received this book free to review from the author. The opinions expressed in this review are my true thoughts and feeling regarding this book. I am disclosing this information in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255.

No comments:

Post a Comment