Thursday, December 19, 2013

Simple Christmas Devotions for Families - My Review of Seeking Christmas

Written by: Renee Robinson
Published by: Crosslink Publishing
Illustrated by: Veronica Hallum

Since it is Christmastime, I was excited to check out Seeking Christmas, wondering if maybe it would be something that I would want to pass on to my siblings for them to use with their families.

This book was a bit of a disappointment for me, despite the fact that there’s nothing really wrong with it… there just isn’t anything too special about it.



Who the book is for:

This book is for families, particularly those with school aged children.

What I liked:

I like the cover and the overall size of this book.

I like that the readings are divided into seven days worth.

I like the personal stories from the author’s past.

I like that the Bible stories are printed right into the book, so you don’t have to find them in your Bible in order to read along.

What I didn’t like:

I feel this book might get a little boring for children when it is read aloud.

This book is simpler than I thought it would be.

My conclusion:

Overall, there’s nothing really wrong with this book, I just wasn’t a big fan.

I give Seeking Christmas 3 out of 5 stars.

I received this book free to review from BookCrash. The opinions expressed in this review are my true thoughts and feeling regarding this book. I am disclosing this information in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255.

No comments:

Post a Comment