Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Touching Christmas Story - My Review of One Imperfect Christmas

I love reading contemporary fiction, and it's especially fun to read Christmas themed books around this time of the year, so I was excited to read and review One Imperfect Christmas.



Who this book is for:

Those, like myself, who enjoy contemporary fiction - specifically women. Those who are struggling in a marriage.

What I liked:

Positive message.

Touching.

I really felt like I got to know the characters.

What I didn't like:

There is nothing in particular that I didn't like.

My Conclusion:

Overall, this was a really good read.

I give One Imperfect Christmas 5 out of 5 stars.

Here is the synopsis that I was given through the blog tour:

Graphic designer Natalie Pearce faces the most difficult Christmas of her life. For almost a year, her mother has lain in a nursing home, the victim of a massive stroke, and Natalie blames herself for not being there when it happened. Worse, she’s allowed the monstrous load of guilt to drive a wedge between her and everyone she loves—most of all her husband Daniel. Her marriage is on the verge of dissolving, her prayer life is suffering, and she’s one Christmas away from hitting rock bottom.

Junior-high basketball coach Daniel Pearce is at his wit’s end. Nothing he’s done has been able to break through the wall Natalie has erected between them. And their daughter Lissa’s adolescent rebellion isn’t helping matters. As Daniel’s hope reaches its lowest ebb, he wonders if this Christmas will spell the end of his marriage and the loss of everything he holds dear.


I received an electronic file of the book to read and review through a blog tour with Abingdon Fiction. All thoughts expressed are my own.

1 comment:

  1. Emily, thank you so much for sharing a review of my book with your blog followers!

    ReplyDelete