Monday, January 13, 2014

A Memoir of a Young Wife's Loss - My Review of And Life Comes Back

Written by: Tricia Lott Williford
Published by: WaterBrook Press

I chose to read and review this book because I enjoy memoirs. I received an Advance Reader Copy. As I was reading it, my sister kept asking me, “why do you like reading depressing books?”

I guess the story behind And Life Comes Back is depressing. A young woman loses her husband after only ten years of marriage and is left to raise their two little boys alone. But… this book also offers hope as it tells how the author pushed through her pain.



Who the book is for:

This would be especially good for those who are going through something similar, those who have lost a spouse or another loved one.

It is also a good read for people like me who simply want to hear of someone else’s journey through that kind of pain and back to a life of hope.

What I liked:

This book is very real - the author shares all the details of what life was really like, even the not so pretty ones.

Emotional.

Humorous at times.

Shows that there is a way to healing.

Interesting.

Quick and easy to read - I finished it the day after I started it.

What I didn’t like:

I feel like God could have come into the picture a little more.

My conclusion:

Overall, I found this to be a good read.

I give And Life Comes Back 5 out of 5 stars.

I received this book free to review from Blogging for Books. The opinions expressed in this review are my true thoughts and feeling regarding this book. I am disclosing this information in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255.

1 comment:

  1. This book does sound sad, but I am glad there is hope in it too. Books like this are often so sad, but they just suck me in. Thanks for sharing.
    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete