Saturday, January 4, 2014

A Novel of Loss and New Life and Love - My Review of Burning Sky

Written by: Lori Benton
Published by: Water Brook Press

I wasn’t overly eager to read this book, but I needed to choose something to read and review, so I thought I would give it a go. I’m glad that I did.

Burning Sky is the story of a girl who was taken away by the Native Americans when she was a teen and now returns to her home, trying to find her White family, as a woman. Don’t want to share too much more as I am afraid I might spoil the plot.



Who the book is for:

Those who enjoy reading any kind of fiction. Those who like reading books with interesting storylines.

What I liked:

The story was very unique - I have never read anything like it before.

The characters are very likeable, and I felt like I really got to know them.

Interesting read. There was never a dull moment, I was hooked the whole book through.

Emotional read.

What I didn’t like:

The accents of both the main characters were hard to get past at times, slowing the reading process. Also, some of the words that they used were unknown to me (Scottish and Native American.)

Might be a bit too detailed with the injuries and violence described.

My conclusion:

Overall, I definitely enjoyed reading this book. I find it really hard to believe that it is the author’s first.

I give Burning Sky 5 out of 5 stars.

I received this book free to review from Blogging for Books. The opinions expressed in this review are my true thoughts and feeling regarding this book. I am disclosing this information in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255.

No comments:

Post a Comment