Friday, January 24, 2014

A Readable Journey to Israel - My Review of Pilgrimage

Written by: Lynn Austin
Published by: Bethany House

I have read fiction books by this author, so I was curious to read this non-fiction book by her and see how her writing was in that genre.

Pilgrimage is a bit of a journal of sorts. It tells the story of a trip that Lynn took to Israel, and the lessons that she learned there.


Who the book is for:

Those who have an interest in Israel – ancient day or the modern place that it now is.

What I liked:

Written in a very real way. At times, it really felt like I was with Lynn on her trip.

Makes me want to travel there, even though I have never had any interest, before.

The author is very knowledgeable of the Bible, and that comes out in her writing.

What I didn’t like:

Parts of the book are a bit boring.

The chapters were too long for me.

My conclusion:

Overall, this was an interesting and unique read.

I give Pilgrimage 4 out of 5 stars.


I received this book free to review from Bethany House. The opinions expressed in this review are my true thoughts and feeling regarding this book. I am disclosing this information in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255.

No comments:

Post a Comment