Monday, January 6, 2014

Bible Stories for Little Ones - My Review of 99 Stories from the Bible

Published by: Lion Hudson
Written by: Juliet David
Illustrated by: Elina Ellis

I am always excited to check out new children’s books, including new children’s Bibles, so I was happy to receive a copy of 99 Stories from the Bible to read and review.



The story:

This book contains ninety-nine stories, some of them common children’s stories such as Jesus’ birth and Daniel in the lions’ den, some of them less common such as Job and Esther.

The illustrations:

Are simple and cute, with big nosed people and gentle animals.

How strong is the book?

This is a solid and sturdy, large hardcover book and appears to be quite strong.

Who the book is for:

This Bible storybook - with the exception of a few issues listed below - is good for babies/toddlers through kindergarten.

What I liked:

The pictures are cute.

Includes some lesser known stories.

Simple stories, yet true to the Bible.

What I didn’t like:

The naked pictures of Adam and Eve are a bit much.

Some of the stories are too grown up for young children, such as the account of Solomon and the two moms who were fighting over the baby…

The use of the word “stupid” might offend some.

My conclusion:

Overall, this is a pretty good Bible book for young children.

I give 99 Stories from the Bible 4 out of 5 stars.


I received this book free to review from the Kregel Blog Tour. The opinions expressed in this review are my true thoughts and feeling regarding this book. I am disclosing this information in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255.

No comments:

Post a Comment