Monday, January 27, 2014

I'm Not Alone - My Review of 101 Secrets for Your Twenties

Written by: Paul Angone   
Published by: Moody Publishing

I am in my twenties. I have been for a while, actually. So, this book was appropriate to me, and I thought I would give it a read.

101 Secrets for Your Twenties is a book of shorts tips and advice and just comments on life as a person who is in their twenties.


Who the book is for:

Those in their twenties, obviously. Male or Female.

What I liked:

The “chapters” are short – there are a hundred and one of them – and easy to read.

Written in a fun way, with plenty of humor mixed in.

I could really identify with a lot of this book, and it was really nice to know that I am not alone. Going through your twenties can be tough, as you figure out the rest of your life, but not I know that it is like this for others, too.

What I didn’t like:

I found Wine 101 a bit weird to be included in a Christian book. Yes, I know that not all Christians are against drinking – most probably aren’t – but I still just found it a bit weird.

Some of the stuff that the author says about dating is just wrong. Like, you’re supposed to date a bunch so you know what kind of guy or girl you want and what kind you don’t… “Dating is simply about honing your taste.” Okay… I have to disagree with his opinion on that.

My conclusion:

Overall, this book was a bit eye-opening and good to read, with just a couple of problems.

I give 101 Secrets for Your Twenties 3 out of 5 stars.


I received this book free to review from MPNewsroom. The opinions expressed in this review are my true thoughts and feeling regarding this book. I am disclosing this information in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255.

No comments:

Post a Comment