Saturday, January 4, 2014

Some of My Favorite Stars Sharing Their Favorite Verses - My Review of Country Faith

Compiled by: Deborah Evans Price
Published by: Zondervan

As a big fan of country music, I was excited to read and review this book - especially considering the fact that it included writings from some of my favorites, such as Miranda Lambert and Carrie Underwood.

Country Faith shares favorite Bible verses and reflections on them from some of “Today’s Leading Country Music Stars”. Some of these reflections are light and don’t have a whole lot to do with the verses that they are about, and some are deeper with a lot more meaning.



Who the book is for:

Country music fans such as myself.

What I liked:

I liked the beautiful, professional pictures of each artist.

I enjoyed some of the deeper writings.

It was fun getting to know some artists a little better.

What I didn’t like:

A lot of the writings aren’t deep at all, and don’t have anything to do with the verses that they are supposed to be about.

The writing by Trisha Yearwood was just wrong, and shouldn’t be included in a Christian book. She basically claimed that all religions worship the same God and believe the same…

My conclusion:

Overall, I was disappointed with this book. I was expecting something more like a devotional.

I give Country Faith 2 out of 5 stars.

I received this book free to review from BookSneeze. The opinions expressed in this review are my true thoughts and feeling regarding this book. I am disclosing this information in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255.

No comments:

Post a Comment