Tuesday, February 18, 2014

A Book About the Future - Whatever You Grow Up to Be

Published by: ZonderKidz
Written by: Karen Kingsbury
Illustrated by: Valeria Docampo

I enjoy Karen Kingsbury’s novels, so I was interested to check out her children’s story, too.

Whatever You Grow Up to Be is a book that I really think my three year old nephew will get into. He is always talking about growing up – having a mustache by the time he’s ten – and I think he will find this story fun for thinking about the future.


The story:

Tells the story of a little boy growing up and all that he could become.

The illustrations:

Are a little creepy to me, but colorful.

How strong is the book?

This is a relatively sturdy hardcover.

Who the book is for:

This book is written for mothers to read to their sons.

What I liked:

I like that every page ends with “If that’s what you grow up to be”, so it’s not actually pushing the child to become any one thing but just mentioning options that he has.

Unique storyline.

Fun to read.

What I didn’t like:

The illustrations could definitely be cuter.

My conclusion:

Overall, this was a fun read.

I give Whatever You Grow Up to Be 5 out of 5 stars.



I received this book free to review from BookSneeze. The opinions expressed in this review are my true thoughts and feeling regarding this book. I am disclosing this information in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255.

No comments:

Post a Comment