Thursday, February 20, 2014

A Nighttime Book - My Review of Goodnight Angels

Published by: ZonderKidz
Written by: Melody Carlson
Illustrated by: Sophie Allsopp

I am always interested in checking out more children's books, and I get pretty excited when I have the chance to review them for free. I was happy to receive a copy of Goodnight Angels and give it a read.



The story:

A little boy says "goodnight" to all the things throughout his home, from his rubber ducky to the kitchen to his parents.

The illustrations:

Are a bit grown up for a boardbook. I think they could have been simpler, cuter, and more colorful.

How strong is the book?

This is a reasonably sturdy boardbook.

Who the book is for:

The fact that this is a boardbook makes it seem that it is appropriate for babies and young toddlers, but I'm pretty certain that my almost four year old nephew will enjoy it, as well. This book is for boys, in particular.

What I liked:

The story is rhyming, which is always nice in a children's book.

The story is simple and sweet.

This is a boardbook.

What I didn’t like:

The illustrations could have been cuter.

My conclusion:

Overall, this is a decent children's book.

I give Goodnight Angels 4 out of 5 stars.


I received this book free to review from BookSneeze. The opinions expressed in this review are my true thoughts and feeling regarding this book. I am disclosing this information in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255.

No comments:

Post a Comment