Friday, February 21, 2014

A Pirate's Tale - My Review of Captain No Beard

Written by: Carole P. Roman

I am always interested in checking out any children’s books that I can get my hands on, in hopes that I will find something that my nieces and nephews will enjoy. That is why I chose to read and review Captain No BeardAn Imaginary Tale of a Pirate’s Life.


The story:

This book tells the tale of a little boy who is playing that he is a pirate, along with his crew.

The illustrations:

Are cute, colorful, and fun.

How strong is the book?

This is a flimsy paperback but seems like it will stand up okay.

Who the book is for:

I would recommend this book for ages 4-6. Boys, in particular.

What I liked:

The illustrations are cute.

I like the point where it showed that the water and everything was in the little captain’s imagination.

What I didn’t like:

I find this book hard to read aloud because of all the pirate talk, and I also think it would be difficult for young kids to understand it.

There’s nothing too special about the story.

My conclusion:

Overall, this is a decent children’s story.

I give Captain No Beard 3 out of 5 stars.



I received this book free to review from the author. The opinions expressed in this review are my true thoughts and feeling regarding this book. I am disclosing this information in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255.

No comments:

Post a Comment