Monday, February 3, 2014

A Teen Couple's Struggles - My Review of Running Lean

Written by: Diana L. Sharples
Published by: Blink

I enjoy reading all types of fiction, including teen fiction, so I was excited to read this book. The cover is definitely what attracted me to it, too.

Running Lean is the story of a teenage couple and the struggles that each of the teens is facing, and how they overcome those struggles with the help of each other and those around them.



Who the book is for:

Teens in particular, but some adults like me will enjoy it, too.

What I liked:

This book has a unique story.

The adults in the book were interesting and fun to read about.

Interesting and enjoyable to read.

This book kept my attention.

What I didn’t like:

The message surprisingly wasn't very strong.

Doesn't mention God a whole lot.

Doesn't "finish" everything/find solutions for all of the teens' problems before the end of the book.

My conclusion:

Overall, I enjoyed this book more than any other that I have read recently - maybe I have to go back to reading teen fiction. ;)

I give Running Lean 4 out of 5 stars.

*Random, but the girl mentions being a size five, once, and then it describes her as bony and unhealthily thin... I found that a little weird...

I received this book free to review from BookSneeze. The opinions expressed in this review are my true thoughts and feeling regarding this book. I am disclosing this information in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255.

No comments:

Post a Comment